In the use of vehicles, oil leakage failures often occur, which will directly affect the technical performance of the vehicle, cause the waste of lubricating oil and fuel, consume power, affect the cleanliness of the vehicle, and cause environmental pollution. Due to oil leakage and the reduction of lubricating oil inside the machine, the machine parts are poorly lubricated and insufficiently cooled, which will cause early damage to the machine parts and even leave hidden accidents.
The main cause of common vehicle oil leakage
1. Product (accessory) quality, material or workmanship is poor; there are problems in structural design;
2. Improper high-speed assembly, unclean mating surface, damaged gasket, displacement or failure to install in accordance with operating regulations;
3. Uneven tightening force of the tightening nut, broken wire or loose buckle, etc. lead to work failure;
4. The sealing material wears excessively after long-term use, deteriorates due to aging, and becomes invalid due to deformation;
5. Too much lubricating oil is added, the oil level is too high or the wrong oil is added;
6. Parts (side covers, thin-walled parts) joint surfaces are flexed and deformed, the shell is damaged, and the lubricating oil seeps out;
7. After the vent plug and the one-way valve are blocked, due to the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the case, oil leakage will often occur at the weak seal.
Measures to prevent vehicle oil leakage
1. Pay attention to the role of cushioning. The gasket between the parts of the stationary part of the automobile (such as each joint end face, each end cover, shell, cover cushion, flat enamel cover, etc.) plays a role of leak-proof sealing. If the material, production quality and installation do not meet the technical specifications, the sealing and leak-proof function will not be achieved, and accidents may even occur. For example, the oil pan or valve cover is difficult to compact due to the large contact area, which causes oil leakage;
2. All kinds of fastening nuts on the car must be tightened according to the specified torque. If the packing is too loose or not tight, the gasket will leak; if it is too tight, the metal around the screw hole will bulge or the thread will be slipped and cause oil leakage. In addition, if the oil drain plug of the oil pan is not tightened or loosened, it is easy to cause oil loss, and then the machine damage accident of “burning tile and holding shaft” will occur;
3. Replace the failed oil seal in time. Many moving parts (such as oil seals and O-rings) on the car will be mis-installed, causing the journal and the oil seal cutting edge to be out of concentricity, swaying and throwing oil. Some oil seals will lose their elasticity due to rubber aging when used for a long time. Any leakage should be updated in time;
4. Avoid blockage of check valves and vent valves. As a result, the temperature in the tank is increased, and the oil and gas fill the entire space and cannot be discharged, which increases the pressure in the tank and increases the consumption of lubricating oil and shortens the replacement cycle. After the engine ventilation system is blocked, the movement resistance of the piston is increased and fuel consumption is increased. Due to the difference in air pressure between the inside and outside of the case, it often causes oil leakage at the weak seal. Therefore, regular inspections, dredging and cleaning of vehicles are required;
5. Properly solve all kinds of oil pipe joint sealing. Vehicle union nuts are often disassembled and assembled, and they are easy to slip and loose, which may cause oil leakage. Replace the union nut, use the grinding method to solve the conical surface seal, make the nut compact to solve the seal;
6. Avoid the wheel hub to throw oil. Too much lubricating grease in the hub bearing and cavity, or improper oil packaging, poor quality and aging failure; excessive temperature of the hub caused by frequent braking; loose axle nuts, etc., will cause the hub to throw oil. Therefore, it is necessary to use the “cavity lubrication method (that is, appropriate amount of lubrication)” to clear the vent. In the use of vehicles, oil leakage failures often occur, which will directly affect the technical performance of the vehicle, cause the waste of lubricating oil and fuel, consume power, affect the cleanliness of the vehicle, and cause environmental pollution. Due to oil leakage and the reduction of lubricating oil inside the machine, the machine parts are poorly lubricated and insufficiently cooled, which will cause early damage to the machine parts and even leave hidden accidents.
The automotive parts and parts machining, PTJ Shop offers the highest degree of OEM service with a basis of 10+ years experience serving the automotive industry. Our automotive precision shop and experts deliver confidence. We have perfected the art of producing large component volumes with complete JIT reliability, backed by the quality and long-term reliability our customers expect.
Link to this article：Reasons and preventive measures of vehicle oil leakage
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machining，Thank