The most direct and effective way to reduce processing costs is to effectively apply different parts of the CNC tool for turning machining. Therefore, in order to select the most suitable CNC tool, in addition to selecting the right tool material, it is also necessary to understand the geometric angle characteristics of the CNC tool. However, due to the wide range of cutting geometries, the focus is now on the application of the rake angle, the most common cutting angle used in the relief angle, and the effect of both on cutting.
Front angle of CNC tool
In general, the rake angle has a great influence on cutting force, chip discharge, and tool durability.
The influence of the front angle of the CNC tool
1) The front rake angle is large and the cutting edge is sharp;
2) For every 1 degree increase in the rake angle, the cutting power is reduced by 1%;
3) If the positive rake angle is too large, the blade edge strength will decrease; if the negative rake angle is too large, the cutting force will increase.
The large negative rake angle of the CNC tool is used
1) cutting hard materials;
2) The cutting edge strength is required to accommodate interrupted cutting and machining conditions for cutting the surface layer containing black skin.
Large positive rake angle for
1) cutting soft materials;
2) Free cutting material;
3) When the material to be processed and the machine tool are poor in rigidity.
Benefits of cutting corners using CNC tools
1) Since the use of the rake angle can reduce the resistance encountered during cutting, the cutting efficiency can be improved;
2) It can reduce the temperature and vibration generated during cutting and improve the cutting accuracy;
3) Reduce tool loss and extend tool life;
4) When selecting the correct tool material and the angle of cut, use the front corner to reduce tool wear and enhance blade reliability.Previous: The problem to be paid attention to when choosing CNC toolsNext: What are the processing methods and options for CNC precision parts?
Link to this article：Geometric angle characteristics of CNC machining tools
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting:Mold Wiki，Thanks